My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Friday, August 7, 2015

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2008

WALK IN MY SHOE AWARD. FOR OUR DEANNA



We know most of you know about Deanna's eye disease. She used to try to hide the pain from us but we could tell when she was hurting. She was kept away from her blog for almost a year due to complications with her disease and the corneal transplant she had in June of 2007. She started blogging when her sister Laurie encouraged her to try her hand at it. Her sister lives in Alaska with her husband and two daughters. It was such a good idea so that they could keep in touch and see what was going on in their daily lives. They talk just about everyday and when she got the hang of the blogger thing she just enjoyed it so much. She loves the talent of her fellow bloggers and is always amazed at their work. So are we!

We were so glad when Deanna was able to resume her blog and we know how much all of her blogger friends mean to her. You see, Dee doesn't care or count how many comments she gets. She'd rather visit and leave comments. The fact that you wonderful ladies leave her a comment makes her so happy that you took time out from your hectic lives to type her a note. When Deanna gets on her blog you can always hear her say "Ohhhh loooook somebody called on me!" To her it's like visiting her neighbors. She says it's like knocking on somebody's front door.

When Deanna first starting blogging, she was so intrigued by those blog awards. Not that she wanted one. She wanted to create one. She went to Paints on her computer and made the A Blog With A Heart Award for her sister Laurie's blog. She then passed it on to some of her favorite blogs. Then her eyes became so severely painful that she had to stay off of her computer at home. Well during the time she was gone, some of her blogger friends had sent her some awards that she never posted. She recently told us that she has absolutely nothing against them. She loves them but she would rather be the one handing them out. We are making her post those awards this weekend.

Well, the other day I called Farren and we were discussing about making her some awards and Farren's daughter Grace, has a blog of her own and somebody had given her an award and she told Farren to give Deanna her Be The Blog award. We emailed it to her but she was reluctant to put it on her blog. We knew her sister Laurie has given her theMarie Antoinette award and she didn't post it either. Our other friend Mary and her daughter Lisa went to Paints on their computer and they designed for Deanna the Your Blog Is Like A Big Comfy PillowNot to be outdone, Darraleigh took a picture of the wallpaper in her bathroom and got a cute snap of a rose and made Dee the Bloomin' Blog...petals of thoughts award. That was awesome Darra! 

We still wanted to give Deanna an award that would let her know that we think of her and her struggle to fight the infections she always gets in her eyes and her fight to keep her new cornea healthy. She has the strength of a lioness and the faith of a child in her belief that she will overcome her disease. In watching her struggle and fighting back....we have walked in her shoes for a day.

<>
Hi Cindy, My name is Farren.I had read your blogs many times but the other day I was searching for a pink shoe clip art for a friend of mine that needed a pick me up. I don't blog but my friend has a cute blog and I love that she is able to have something that she loves doing. She has a love for all things vintage on her Timeless Things blog and her love for Christmas is evident on her December Days blog. Well, back to the shoe. I saw that people on blogger give each other awards and I love how cute they look on the side of the bloggers page. Deanna drew a heart in her paints on her computer and made a cute award to present to her sister last year. It's gone around and landed in other people's blogs and she enjoys that. When I saw the shoe after doing a pink shoe search I knew that that was the shoe for me. I was so glad that you were offering it for free as clip art.
My question is this. Would you allow me to just add a few words to the picture to make as a cute award for my friend Deanna? I wanted to design something myself but I'm not an artist and I knew that it would be impossible. I am enclosing your shoe picture with the words I typed in for Deanna. She has an eye disease called Kerataconus and last June she had a corneal transplant in her right eye. She also has severe photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light). It's been tough going for her this past year and she was gone from her blog for almost a whole year and I knew she was missing it something awful. She just recently was able to get back on and start blogging again. She has to stay away from her computer for a couple of days a week but that's okay with her as long as she can get back on when her eyes aren't feeling so weak. I am enclosing the shoe picture so please let me know if this is okay with you. I know that it is important that you be credited for the design and we can most certainly do that.
Thank you for taking time to read this. I appreciate it.
Farren Cutler
Rosehaven Cottage to me show details 2:09 AM (15 hours ago) Replyrosehaven_cottage@yahoo.com
Hi Farren,

This award is absolutely wonderful! I wholeheartedly support it in everyway!!!!! I have always hoped that my pink shoe drawing would be used for something wonderful and that's exactly what you are doing. The lettering you've chosen is perfect and so lovely. I feel so honored to have my art be a part of something so special. I don't need to be credited but if you'd like to credit me in a post about it, that's fine with me. Again, I'm just thrilled that this is being used to lift someone's spirits. You are an angel! Hugs, Cindy


Farren Cutler to rosehaven_cott. show details 5:01 PM (1 hour ago) Reply

Cindy, I cannot tell you how much this means to me. I know Deanna will be so emotional when I give this to her. It hurts her eyes somewhat when she cries, so we try to be careful when we are surprising her. I'll have a hanky ready for her. Cindy, you are the angel. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Deanna's friends,
Farren Cutler
Byisteal Camacho Lorenzo
Darraleigh Adame
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM, 


Deanna, we love you so much. You are so giving and I guess that because you couldn't be a mama, you give so much love to your family and friends. We are blessed to have you in our lives. We know.........we know..........

Byisteal
WE HAVE TWO PRETTY REQUESTS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO US THAT YOU GIVE CREDIT TO THE PERSON THAT CREATED THE ARTWORK -CINDY GARBER IVERSON AT ROSEHAVEN COTTAGE. AND THE WORDS THAT MADE UP THIS AWARD TO FARREN CUTLER. PLEASE USE THIS AWARD FOR SOMEONE WHO IS ILL OR IS IN NEED OF AN UPLIFTING AWARD BECAUSE THEY ARE IN A STRUGGLE FOR THEIR HEALTH AND WELL BEING. WE WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW IT'S JOURNEY SO PLEASE OFFER IT WITH LOVE TO YOUR FRIEND OR AT A BLOG WHERE WOMEN ARE TRUE SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF UNDYING FAITH IN THE LORD.
THE SECOND IS, IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THE AWARD FROM TIMELESS THINGS PLEASE CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND THEN RIGHT CLICK AND "SAVE AS" TO YOUR OWN SERVER. THANK YOU KINDLY.

No comments: