My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Friday, August 7, 2015

FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2009

Thank You Loida and Angelica



Many weeks ago, two boxes were making their way to San Antonio (picture I took driving down Fredericksburg Rd. towards downtown for my weekly visit to the best Goodwill in town) and both boxes had Deanna written all over them. One was from China and the other was from Midland, Texas. I was so estatic when they both arrived almost at the same time! I just loved the beautiful stamps that came with the box from China so I saved them. When I opened both boxes, I was so touched and overwhelmed by the kindness of these two women. One of them is Loida of 2L3bs. Dear sweet and beautiful Loida sent me a gift all the way from China! I was tearful and so movingly touched by her gift. That she thought of me and Marshall is just a testament of her loving and caring nature. I have been blessed to have her as a friend.
This is the box that Loida sent.
It was lovingly packed and sealed.

Ta-da! Isn't this the most precious gift? It's a little birdcage but you can put a votive inside of it and it does glow so beautifully at night. We have it sitting on the mantel above our fireplace.

I love that the flower and ribbons have touches of shimmery silver. Marshall and I have been together for 25 years so how fitting that it arrived just as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary!
This wonderful picture are of the gift that my precious cousin Angelica sent to me. She knows how much I adore collectibles and vintage things so she unselfishly sent me SIX BIG CHIEF TABLETS that once belonged to my paternal grandfather Larry. Sorry prima, but I was only able to take one photo as my digital dropped dead after this snap! On the covers of the tablets are Humphrey Bogart, Lucille Ball, Cornel Wilde, Elizabeth Taylor and Arlene Dahl. They are in mint condition as they have never been written in or had a page torn out from them. I love her for sending these to me and I will treasure them as long as I am their caretaker.
We want to thank you both from the bottom of our fat little hearts! You are dear to us and we will always treasure your kindness and thoughtfulness. May the Lord bless you always.

No comments: