My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Friday, August 7, 2015

FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2009

The Lovely, Wonderful First Day Of Spring!

The Chinese Plum tree outside my bedroom window. Delicious fruit! Cherry tree in full bloom!
Ah Spring, the time when things are new and the air is fresh. The sky is blue over San Antonio today and I've been outside and I'm not smelling skunks but the sweet fragrance of the Chinese Plum trees. Yep, they are not kumquats after all. I even ate a large cluster of them yesterday! Sinfully sweet and juicy. They have the most beautiful shiny brown bead-like seeds I've ever seen. You should try some! I also see the cherry tree blossoms are blooming and the grass is turning green again.
I took a day off from work so I could begin my spring cleaning. It's tough trying stuff 25 years of married life into a one bedroom apartment albeit that it's a large apartment and that my bedroom closet is coveted by my family and friends! I'm in the midst of mopping my kitchen and need a quick break from smelling Pine-Sol and Spic and Span...LOL.
Hope you are having a wonderful First Day of Spring day! Stop and smell the flowers for a while. You just might have one of those beautiful moments that become instantly nostalgic. 

No comments: