My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Friday, August 7, 2015

THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2009

What's My Favorite Painting?

This painting is called Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton. The reason for this post is because a lurker came out and sent me an email saying they were intrigued by my blog. Me, intriguing? Nah! I'm just a chubby wife from Central Texas who loves to shop at thrift stores when our budget allows us to! I already was aware that I had several lurkers because I do get emails from them every now and then, asking me questions about certain posts I've written.
The lady in question wanted to know what my favorite painting was and so here it is. To me, I see heat....an overwhelming heat that not only is perceptible in her dress, which is such a bold and vibrant orange but in the water behind her which is lit by the sun. It may have been an extremely hot part of the day when she decided to take her luxurious nap. She is napping on a marble bench so she may have been looking for a cool place and her billowy garment is a sheer froth of loveliness. There is no doubt that she is a beautiful woman but her dress and the background command your attention. I have always loved this painting and next to a Starry Night and Christina's World, is one of my favorites.
I hope this answered your question Lanni (with her permission!) and thanks for your sweet letter. And no, I do not have a horse...my cousins do though as they are bronco busters and live out near Nixon Texas where they all have their own ranches. Jusqu'à la fois suivante... De Texas à Troyes!

No comments: