My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Friday, August 7, 2015

TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009

Soup, Soup And More Soup


Good Morning! It's 5:54 a.m. and I'm getting ready to head out for work. I thought I'd post pictures of my soup. I'm dieting..on Weight Watchers actually, and I have been on a soup odyssey. I've given up pastries for the smooth cool cucumber. No more Moon Pie's. Now it's broccoli and sweet carrots. The wonderful thing about soup is, you can eat in the morning, for lunch and supper. It's so nourishing for you as well. I've had so much fun chopping, slicing and dicing veggies for my soups. So far I've made four different kinds. And thanks to my sweet Bonnie for that wonderful soup recipe you posted. I took her idea and put my soup into quart sized plastic bags and laid them flat in my freezer so that when I come home, I can simply pop one of the bags in the microwave and voila! Dinner's ready! There is such a variety of vegetables at the grocery store. Plus, if you do make soup, it can last for several days. Good for the budget in the long run. I encourage you to try those veggies that you wonder about. Bok choy is a wonderful substitute for cabbage if you happen to have a market that forget's to order cabbage! Squash..all kinds are wonderful for soup as they give you the "chew factor" because it satisfies the need to be chewing on something. If you don't have the time to be cutting your veggies (you should though, it's so calming) there are a variety of frozen mixed veggies in your freezer section. You can get creative with your soups as well. I like my soups spicy and hot!
Well ladies, I'd better finish getting ready. I hope you have a great day today!

No comments: