My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Thursday, August 6, 2015

WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2009

My Love Affair With Thrift Shops

Hi y'all! I finally decided that it was time to make my thrift store finds make it's debut on Wednesday's. I have so many goodies that I had not ever posted, so today, I decided it was time to start showing them off. I just love finding sweet little things and anything with a little rose just set's my heart to thumpin' really fast! I'm lucky to have a hubby who loves to go thrifting with me and he knows exactly what I like when we head off to Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Recently, I met a wonderful lady named Patricia from Vintage Linen Treasures. She had won my 200th post Giveaway in March and it turned out that she lived here in San Antonio! Well, we hit if off immediately and we have been shopping together every since! I so enjoy her company and we laugh and giggle just like high school girls and hanging out with her has just made my days so much brighter. We went shopping together last Wednesday and she surprised me with a beautiful vintage baby nursery planter. She knows that I just adore them and...well, I'll finish that story in just a bit**. Needless to say, I found some cuties to take home. A day or two later I went to the Goodwill on Marbach and found some cutie patootie finds! 

I just couldn't resist this sweet powder puff box. No powder was ever in it. Just a sweet pink puff and I forgot take a picture of it. Drats! It was .39 cents.

This sweet cup and saucer were only .49 cents!

I bought this bunny planter on my shopping trip with Patricia. I was kind of iffy on it because one of the eyes looked like it had glaucoma!....I might be able to fix it. I still think it's cute, a bit to pearly but cute nonetheless. It was .99 cents.

Patricia and I were at Craftiques when I spotted this adorable find. I had no idea what it was until Patricia told me it was a stamp holder. I mean, look at it! It's just so dang adorable!! I paid $4.00 for it. I usually don't like to pay over five dollars for anything but I had to have it!

These cutie patooties I found at Goodwill for .49 cents. Again, I had no idea what they were, just that they would look fantastic as a decorative touch in my Shabby bathroom! Luckily I had Patricia with me because she let me know that they were hurricane lamps. They are tiny..about the height of your pinkie finger. They are missing their little glass covers but I don't care..they are just precious and I love them!

Patricia and I were at the Salvation Army and I was perusing a table they had set up with a lot of treasures and I saw this just sitting there and I grabbed it. You know...the roses, they grabbed my attention...lol! I went over to Patricia and she really loved it too and we were trying to figure out what it was used for. We debated over it's use and Patricia thinks that it might be a mustache cup. We still weren't one-hundred per cent sure but we'll go with that for now!

I hadn't cleaned the inside when I snapped the photo but with the details, does anyone know what it might be? I showed to my friend Jojo and she thinks it might have been a toothbrush holder and that the part with the holes might have been used for holding toothpaste when it came in a box and was square-shaped. She wasn't sure either...lol! I'm clueless. I'm not sure how much they charged me for this sweet treasure but my total purchase for three items was $2.59 cents. The figurine below was one of the purchases I made along with this one.

I normally don't buy figurines but this one just set my heart a'flutterin' and I had to have her. She was a whopping .49 cents.

I bought this at Craftiques and it was $4. I don't smoke, never have but I just couldn't leave without it. The lady at Craftiques told me it was from the 30's.

Here is the back of it. Isn't it just darling?

I bought these at the Goodwill on Marbach. I didn't know what they were but the peacocks on them just blew me away. The detail and the vibrant colors are just eye candy! DH thinks they might be little rice bowls or finger bowls...we weren't sure but they are beautiful.

Ooh Yesssssss! A new addition to my ever growing Baby Nursery Planter collection! This one was found at the Goodwill on Fredericksburg Rd. when Patricia and I were thrifting. It was a bit pricey...$3.99 but I would have bought it for ten dollars!

Here is the other side view of it. Cute isn't it?

DH bought these sweet glass eggs for me at Goodwill. He ran over to them and grabbed them before another lady could get to them. What a guy! They are just two of my favorite finds he has found for me! They were .39 cents each!

I found these precious cups at the Goodwill on I-10. They were .99 cents for all four cups!

My sister Cyndi and I found this Fitz and Floyd Mother Goose piece at the Goodwill on Marbach. She was only $1.00. I had to have her!

Closer view of the two sidekicks!

** So here I can finish the story from the first paragraph of this post. When sweet Patricia and I were at the Fredericksburg Rd. Goodwill, she went ahead of me in the knick-knack aisle and I saw her grab something. She had found a darling nursery planter. Now, she had me fooled thinking that she was wanting to find one for herself so I was so happy that she found one to take home. She then found the cute baby block nursery planter (see six pictures above) and if course I bought that one. Well, we checked out and walked over to my car and were putting our treasures in the trunk when she pulls out the lamb planter and hands it to me with a big "Happy Birthday Deanna!." I almost fell over...I mean, I was so thrilled and at the same time wondering why she was giving up this adorable curly headed lamb? I was so touched by her generousity and the fact that she had been looking for a planter for me just sent me over the moon! I gave her a big hug and thanked her but I was having a hard time holding back the tears and if I did let them drop down my chubby cheeks, I woudn't have been able to drive as my eyes get severely blurry when I cry even just a few tears! My DH was touched as well and it gives him such pleasure to see me so happy when I've been shopping with Patricia!

Here's the back of the planter. Look at those curls! What a cutie!

Isn't she lovely? I couldn't leave this girly snail Baby Nursery Planter at Goodwill. I paid a grand total of .99 cents for her. I've been so lucky to find these planters in abundance which is good since I'm mighty partial to them!
****
Well, so ends my thrifting story and I had a blast putting it together for you...well for me too! Hope you will be back to see my next batch of goodies and treasures next Wednesday! Mr. Timeless Things and I are leaving for Austin for a romantic weekend getaway to celebrate our Anniversary. We will be back on Monday so everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!



No comments: