My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2010

A Little Shopping in Fredericksburg

Hi there, I hope you all are doing well and having a wonderful time getting ready for the
Christmas holiday. I've had a long rest and I am praising God that my eyes are at last showing signs of healing. I've gone through a lot of soul searching and I have to say that those prayers you all sent have been heard. Today was one of the best days I've had since October. No pain. That's all I'm going to say about that. It's been rough but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I went to Goodwill last weekend and found this adorable little guy for .99 cents. Seems that nursery planters are abundant around the holidays. I've got to curtail my passion for these cuties but people just won't stop giving them to me!! (Like I really want them too!)

(Out of sequence since I stupidly forgot to load this photo but Laurie Patridge was my girl ideal. Story further down)

Fredericksburg is a German heritage influenced city with so many quaint historic homes and non-stop sight seeing. Trade Days is a favorite venue for everyone within a hundred mile radius from Fredericksburg. Here, you will find everything from fifties chic to Shabby chic. There are just too many booths too look at in one day so it's best to stay for two days. Every vendor is friendly and they will chat with you about everything. Yep, the photo above is Mr. Timeless Things favorite building. It really is very charming.

Is is hilarious or what?

A Christmas tree made from antlers? Uhhh...okay. Not my style but I'm sure John Wayne would have loved this tree in his man-room. Marshall thought it was very Shabby Chic. I thought he was nuts.

I saw this and had to have it. Isn't it sweet? Why can't this art form come back? I just adore storybook art.

I was looking for my Barbie lunch box that I used in elementary school but found this one. I watched The Partridge Family not because of Keith but because I wanted to see Laurie (Susan Dey) with her long hair and try to put together outfits that resembled hers. She was my idol. My sisters and I used to put long beach towels on our heads and kept them in place with bobby-pins so we could be: Me - Laurie Patridge, Cyndi - Marcia Brady and Laurie had loooong hair so she didn't have to wear a towel. She could be Cher, Marcia and Laurie Patridge whenever she wanted!

Ooh la la!! I wanted to lug this whole bed set home but my little car would have probably tipped over from the sheer heaviness of the furniture! I had to be physically removed from the bed. I'm still suffering from separation anxiety! I mean can you imagine having this bed? I would feel like a Princess!

I was still drooling but able to take a photo....(swoon!)

(My doodle at Macaroni Grill. I'd spent most of my days with my eyes closed since October so I thought I'd poke fun at that awful period. Goodbye to pain!)

Well that's my short post of what I've been doing. I have more thrift store finds but I will have to post those this weekend. Oh and my little Shabby tree is decorated but I have yet to take photos if it and my big tree. Hopefully I can get those on here this weekend as well. Have a great rest of the week my friends!

Deanna

No comments: