My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010

Our First Housewarming Gifts

When my husband and I moved into our new home in mid April, we received many gifts from family and friends. I never did have a chance to post any of them of them here so today I'm going to post three. I'm only allowed thirty minutes on my laptop and then to make things worse, I have to wear special glasses to block out glare since I'm very photophobic right now...ugh! Fiddle dee dee! I'll try and post the rest of the wonderful treasures we were gifted with in the following weeks. The little lamb planter was a gift from my sister Cyndi. She's always on the look-out for them and she has found so many sweet ones for me. I'm so lucky to have her!

One day, when I had come back from shopping, I noticed a package sitting by my front door. My heart was beating fast as I walked up to it and realized that it was from my dear Patricia of Vintage Linen Treasures. She is the dearest, the most loveliest ladies that I have ever met. Just being with her makes me so happy and any time that we have together is cherished by me because we both lead such busy lives that I snatch up anytime that I can spend with her. I met my Patricia when she won my 200th blog post two years ago and since then she has become a very special person in my life. We don't get to spend much time together but when we do, we make it worthwhile. She is my shopping buddy and we love to have lunch together. She is the greatest and adore her.
So this is what she left for me. A beautiful quilt and I am currently displaying it over the headboard of the new bed that my parents bought for my guest room..(mom and dad claim it when they come to visit us) and I have turned it into a shabby/fifties-girly chic dream. I'm sure my dad can get in touch with his girly-girl side when he sleeps in there! Mom says she loves it! Every time I look at it, I think of my sweet friend Patricia.

The vase and flowers were a gift from my best friend Sonia and her husband Bryan. She said that she wasn't sure what my decor style would be so she picked this vase just for us. I was really happy with her choice because after Marshall and I took a trip to Ikea, we fell in love with the modern style of decor. I love Ikea! Everything is so inexpensive that we are ordering a dining room table with chairs and a sideboard buffet. I can't wait until Christmas! I was really surprised that Marshall loved Ikea. He didn't want to leave! That's my boy!

Well, that is it for now. I'll share the rest of our housewarming gifts with you at a later date. Hope you all are doing well! Hugs :D

Deanna

No comments: