My old Timeless Things (now called Timeless Me) blog ended in 2012 but you can still follow the newly updated Timeless Things by clicking here . I apologize for the posts not being in order by date but this is just a depository for the posts that were once on Timeless Things. **If you would like to leave a comment on any posts, the original comments link is no longer open but if you look below the original comments, you will see a post separation break line and another space is open that says 0 comments with the links to Gmail, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and it is here that it will allow you to leave a comment.** - Deanna

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baking

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2008

Thanks For The Recipes

















Recipes

I am so excited today. My husband Marshall and I are staying tonight until Wednesday night at a romantic hotel. This will be my last post until next Monday so I want to wish all of you, a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will be stopping by your blogs tonight to wish you a great week. I am posting all recipes on DECEMBER DAYS, and what wonderful recipes you sent me by email. Even my friends from work that lurk came out and sent their secret recipes. Thank you Byisteal, Darraleigh, Mary, Farren and Veronica, who actually gave me her recipe for delicious oatmeal bars last year. She tried my first foray into baking with those dreaded oatmeal bars. She is polite about it....almost too sweetly quiet. Okay...I forgot the sugar....I forgot to put a lot of cinnamon and they were just plain bland. Poor Veronica! Even her son Gus tried them and he was a gentleman about it. Tasting them like a connoisseur, he told Veronica that yes, they were missing some key ingredients. "Not bad, but it needs sugar and cinnamon". Poor Gus. It's a year later and I hope my oatmeal bars are up to par with hers. She is a mighty fine baker!
Enjoy the recipes and please, feel free to send me anything you'd like me to post. Stuffing recipes, desserts and somebody please send me a good recipe for yeast rolls!
Happy cooking and baking,





No comments: